- MiS_RTP has a number of interest groups and boards. We invite you to join a group or apply to serve on the board. Members of MiSRTP must select an interest group or serve on a board. Membership is $25.00 per year. Each member is needed to make the change we want to see. Each interest group will have at least one group lead and members. Group leaders are initially selected by the MiS_RTP leadership team. Group lead is an yearly position and leads interested in a second or further terms, must reapply. Members of the interest group will select the group leader. The leader of an interest group serves two years as group leader but can remain in the group. Each group has a liaison member of the governing board. Members must submit the interest group form.
- MiS_RTP's board is comprised of members of our partner organizations, and members who apply. All board members must join MiS and pay the $25.00 annual subscription. Board members serve one year terms and can be re-appointed for a maximum of five years. Board members must be committed to the issues of diversity and inclusion. Board members must also advance MiSRTP, its goals, its members, and equality. Members of the organization who serve on the governing board are the founders (who remain on the governing board without end), members who request to serve on the governing board, or have a skill they want to share with the organization, and members who express an interest. Advisory board members are members of our partner organization. Advisory board members are partner employees who share the goals and missions of MiS, and represent partner organizational interest.
- Governing Board: Governing board members are the founders (founding members participation on the governing board does not expire), and members who apply to serve on the governing board.
- The governing board has 13 members. Each member must join MiS and pay the $25.00 subscription fee.
- Application for membership on the governing board requires an application, a bio, and a short summary of interest in MiS governing board.
- Advisory Board: Advisory board members are employees of our partner organization, sister organizations, and the local community.
- The advisory board has 21 members. Each member must join MiS and pay the $25.00 subscription fee.
- Application for membership on the advisory board requires a short description of your organization, your role, and a short summary of interest in MiS.
Interest groups can be found on the membership page. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org the interest group most compatible with your skills and passions.
Current Interest Groups:
Accounting: Members of the accounting group are responsible for maintainance of MiSRTP's financial records and cash flow. The members are responsible for information collection defined as gathering and collecting MiSRTP financial information from all financial incoming sources. The collected information is confidential. Members must be willing to adhere to organizational guidelines. Financial analysis and reports are critical to success of the MiSRTP. Members of this group must prepare reports and communciate with MiSRTP leadership any changes, irregularities, or regular reports.
Administration: Members of this group are responsible for the daily activities of MiSRTP. Tasks include website maintenance, passwords and security, Mailchimp, and other internal MiSRTP tasks.
Blogging and forums: Members of this group develop and produce blogs in the diversity and inclusion space, MiSRTP activities, and activities of partner organizations. The members are responsible for updating the blogs, developing input for MiSRTP's website, and informing MiSRTP leadership of trends and current STEM and diversty topics.
Brand development: Members of this group works with MiSRTP leadership to develop procedures that assist members in advancing and creating their brand, preparing and updating resumes, and establishing interviewing skills through role play, tips, and tools.
Calendaring and events: Members of this group develops, researches, and updating the MiSRTP calendar and events. Each month, members of this group adds events to calendar, communicates with the membership regarding upcoming calendar and events, and adds events from our partners to the calendar and communicates these events to the appropriate entities.
Communication and outreach: Members of the this group works in the community to develop partner organizations, create relationships with the larger Research Trinagle Park (RTP) community, and engage the public school systems.
Conference and event planning: Members of this group is responsible for developing and offering conferences. This groups' members researches location, participants, and resources for conferences.
Education and Training: Members of this goup is responsible for developing educational and training content, outreach programs, and programs for the community and our membership.
Entrepreneurship and innovation: This group is responsible for developing opportunities for the organization and its members. Members in this group work to create and/or develop venture capital for member and organization projects. This group also develops hackathons and other outreach programs and other methods for opportunities for innovation.
Fundraising: Members of this group works with the MiSRTP to raise funds and increase the opportunities for entreprenuerial and innovation for the membership. The group works with the Accounting group to document and manage funds raised. Thr group also recommends best methods for raising, spending, and opportunies.
Job processing: Members of this group works with our partner organizations and others to manage job posting and distribute job listings to the membership.
Marketing: Members of this group develops marketing campaigns. This group evaluates the MiSRTP's website and outward facing information to ensure we are adhering to our goals and mission.
Mailing list and newsletter: Members of this group works with the Blogging groups to advance information from MiSRTP, our partner organizations, communicate MiSRTP activities to the membership, and other STEM related activities in the diversity and inclusion domain.
Membership: Members of this group is charged with developing the MiSRTP membership. This group is constant contact with MiSRTP members and potential members. This group evaluates membership dues and processes for improvement where needed.
Mentorship: Members of this group is responsible for developing mentorship relationships, processes for mentor matching, and the mentor portal.
Social media: Members of this group are responsible for posting MiSRTP activities on social media outlets. This group works with the Blogging and Marketing groups.