Mentorship is one of the main goals of MiS!
1. It is important to know who you are and your worth. We do not arrive without some help along the way! A mentor can be a valuable asset
2. The mentor/mentee relationship is complicated. For a mentor relationship to be successful, one must have clear objectives. The expectations must be realistic and there must be clear boundaries.
3. Time. Again, like any relationship, both parties must be respectful of each others time and commitments.
4. Goals. Identify the goals of the relationships is critical to the success of the relationship. Outlying what one wants from the relationship will ensure successful outcomes.
5. Communications. It is necessary to communicate when things go wrong and when are on track. None of us are mind readers.